**Log into your G.O.A.'L account before applying. If you do not have a profile, please create one here: Create an account**
YOU MUST BE A KOREAN ADOPTEE -and- G.O.A.'L MEMBER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THIS SCHOLARSHIP
NOTICE: Thoroughly read the Student Code of Conduct agreement before applying. If you have any questions, please contact the G.O.A.'L office.
Applying for a scholarship through G.O.A.’L and applying for a spot in a university program are separate processes. Receiving a language scholarship through G.O.A.’L DOES NOT guarantee you a spot in the language program.
Although G.O.A.’L administers the scholarships on behalf of the language schools, the schools do not necessarily reserve an equivalent number of spots for scholarship recipients. Therefore, we encourage scholarship applicants to also apply for the language school of their choice as soon as the school's registration opens.
The scholarships are only applicable to the programs/terms listed below. They are not applicable to any short-term or specialized courses.
The language schools may also request that G.O.A.’L send additional information or information on your behalf.
The applications are first-come-first-serve, and registration may close at any time if all spots are taken.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, that is, being awarded a scholarship and registering for class prevents another person from acquiring a scholarship.
Please be aware of your time, schedule, finances, and other commitments BEFORE applying.
Korean semesters last 10 weeks (thus on this page we refer to them as quarters or terms).
Fees and notification:
The universities have a mandatory registration fee, ranging from KRW 60,000 to KRW 80,000 depending on the university. Also, each university charges fees for textbooks.
The scholarship recipients will be contacted within 5 business days after the application deadline via phone and/or email.
G.O.A.’L reserves the right to make any final decision changes if recipient does not meet qualifications for eligibility. The scholarship recipient is responsible for obtaining a visa and making housing arrangements if needed.
NOTE: Many language schools recommend their students have the equivalent of USD 5,000 [EUR ~4,700 / KRW ~5,700,000] to study for one term (~3 months). If you do not already reside in Korea, you must purchase a flight ticket, pay any remaining tuition balance, accomodation, food/transportation/leisure activities, school supplies, etc. Please be aware of your personal financial situation and schedule before applying for the scholarship.
ALL documents must be submitted within 1 day of the online application deadline (F-4 visa must be obtained prior to the first day of class). Incomplete applications will be cancelled and will require you to re-apply.
For more information about scholarships, please email [email protected] or call the G.O.A.'L officeat 02-325-6585.
*The most accurate course schedule and tuition information can be found on the schools' individual websites. The below is provided for your convenience.
G.O.A.'L Student Code of Conduct Agreement
This agreement is to ensure the student's commitment and responsibilities as a recipient of the G.O.A.'L Korean Language Scholarship. It also reassures G.O.A.'L's current and future agreements with participating universities and institutions who provide the scholarships. By submitting your application you agree to the following:
- I understand it is my responsibility to contact and communicate directly with the school.
- I will complete the semester program with at least 80% attendance.
- I will adhere to the rules and instructions of the teacher assigned and institute/university that I attend.
- I will notify forfeiture of scholarship to the G.O.A.’L office within 3 business days after receiving scholarship via phone, email and/or fax notification.
- In case of emergency or illness I will notify the school and instructor.
- I must submit a new application if I choose to apply for any subsequent language scholarships.
- I agree to an interview via Skype or another agreed upon method and to pay a 100,000 KRW deposit to G.O.A.’L, if awarded a full tuition (100%) scholarship. I understand this deposit will be refunded at the successful completion of the semester.
- I understand failure to complete the semester or adhere to this agreement forfeits my deposit if awarded a full tuition (100%) scholarship.
- I consent to having my grade disclosed to G.O.A.'L by the language institute, which will assist the ongoing efforts to improve the G.O.A.'L scholarship program.
- I will submit a short essay, if requested by G.O.A.'L, which may include but is not limited to my experience as a language scholarship recipient. This may be used for marketing and/or public relations purposes.
Korea, Republic of