As an F-4 visa holder you are required to register with the Korea Road Traffic Authority if you plan to operate a motor vehicle in Korea.  You can change your driver's license easily from your adoptive country license to a Korean Driver's License.

Please visit the Seoul Global Center which is located directly behind City Hall on the 3rd Floor of the Seoul Press Center.

You need the following:

  • - your Driver's License (not expired, you will have to surrender the hard copy of your adoptive country drivers license, however, if you need to leave Korea, return to the Seoul Global Center and present your airline ticket or itinerary and it will be handed back to you -- upon returning to Korea, you DO NOT have to return it to the Seoul Global Center)
  • - your F-4 ID
  • - your passport
  • - notarial from your adoptive country embassy (this document, required by the Korea Road Traffic Authority, will be signed by you, witnessed by your embassy consulate, is a signed affidavit verifying your information on your driver's license.
  • - 3 passport photos
  • - eye examination (F-series visa holders are no longer exempt from this) 

Working hours of the Seoul Global Center:

Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.