** With continuous concern regarding the spread of COVID-19 (corona virus) here in Korea, our volunteer services will be limited for the time being.
The safety and health of our volunteers is extremely important to us, and we want our volunteers to do only what they feel comfortable doing.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time, and we will get to all requests as quickly as we can.**
Volunteers are provided for G.O.A.'L members and aid our staff in completing a variety of tasks including translation of documents or communications between adoptees and reunited birth families, interpretation for meetings, among other things. While we do our best to fulfill all volunteer requets, each request is completed based on volunteer schedules and availability.
Guidelines and Policies for Volunteer Request:
- Requests must be submitted ten (10) or more days in advance. We cannot guarantee requests made with less than one (1) week of advance notice. Last minute requests will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis if volunteers are available.
- English<->Korean and French<->Korean translation services are currently available.
- Volunteers with the most advanced language abilities are generally reserved for birth family searches and/or reunions, however, all volunteers are pre-screened for English / French ability.
- Most volunteers are based out of Seoul. If a volunteer is needed for a visit outside of Seoul, we will do our best to find a volunteer in the area(s) of Korea you need/want to visit or find someone to accompany you out of Seoul. Members are responsible for the volunteer's travel fees if they are not located in the area you are going to. This could include train or bus tickets, taxis, etc.
- As courtesy, meals should be provided for the volunteer if you are with the volunteer during mealtimes.
- To protect the privacy of each person involved, we do not share any personal information (volunteer or adoptee) with the other party. All communication is handled through the Volunteer Coordinator and other related G.O.A.'L staff. If you need to contact your volunteer in advance, proper arrangements will be made.
Volunteers are expected to be treated respectfully and professionally. Adoptee and volunteer safety and well-being are our top priority. G.O.A'L reserves the right to deny services to those who violate this policy.
To request a volunteer, please fill out the following form: https://form.jotform.com/201817442502043
For more information please contact the G.O.A.’L Volunteer Coordinator via email or KakaoTalk
Email: [email protected] | Kakao Talk ID: goalkorea